Things I Remember
- My friend, Kerry, eating an entire 8-ounce carton of sour cream and then promptly regurgitating it on the kitchen floor. Did I mention that we were about 4 at the time?
- Feeding our dog, Max, vanilla wafers while sitting on the floor of our pantry (I would take a bite and feed the rest to him).
- Falling off the brick wall in our back yard and slicing my stomach on the newly-pruned bushes.
- Being pushed off the bench by a friend (I'm not naming names) in first grade and falling, face first, onto a railroad tie. One of my permanent teeth was shoved all the way back up into my gums. That night I was told to practice putting my hands out in front of me when I fell. (Apparently, that's supposed to be a natural reflex but I must have missed that one.)
- The gift I gave my second grade teacher for Christmas being stolen off her desk. It was returned at the end of the year. I still don't know who took it.
- Finding a raw egg when hunting for Easter eggs with my friend, Olivia. I had egg yolk all over my dress and tears streaming down my face.
- Our dog, Love, rolling her own head up in the car window. She was fine.
- Our dog, Annie, trying to go after another dog while in that same car and hitting the windshield with her head. It broke (the windshield, not her head). She, too, was fine.
- All of my dolls were named Julie except for Victoria, the only doll I still have. Victoria was the name she came with.
I hope at least one of these made you smile!